Ripple evaluations inform and inspire practitioner decision-making, learning and adaptation in highly complex contexts. We apply qualitative and mixed methods, with an emphasis on maximizing participation, and attention to the unique needs of faith-inspired practitioners. Ripple is well known for contextualizing mainstream approaches and supporting bottom-up innovation to improve the way that interfaith action is evaluated. Our partners say Ripple strengthens both programs and results.
- Five-year portfolio-level performance evaluation and value-for-money audit, focused on the advancement of holistic approaches to pluralism in Canada and around the world (with the Global Centre for Pluralism, and Ripple teammates Katie Butler, Patrice Brodeur PhD and Malaka Refai).
- Utilization-focused evaluation of the Swiss Culture and Religion in Mediation (CARIM) Program 2011-2020, using Outcome Harvesting + Attitude Change (with Switzerland’s Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and Ripple teammates Michèle Ferenz, Sarah Davies and Hur Hassnain).
- Monitoring and evaluation advisor for piloting the Women of Faith Leadership Fellowship to advance gender equality within faith networks and global development (with the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith & Local Communities, ongoing).
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning framework development and training, featuring Outcome Mapping and Outcome Harvesting, for the Gender, Peace and Security Team within the United Kingdom’s Conflict, Stability & Security Fund (under Saferworld, ongoing).
- Two summative multi-country evaluations of flagship interreligious peacebuilding initiatives, with cross-cutting themes including gender and youth, and learnings to inform next-phase global strategy development (with Catholic Relief Services).
- Outcome Harvesting on interreligious peacebuilding in Northern Iraq and Egypt, plus gender-based violence and masculinities programs in Burundi, leading to development and training of the Outcome Harvesting + Attitude Change adaptation (with Tearfund and Ripple teammate Malaka Refai).
- Critical friend mid-project review and final Outcome Harvesting + Attitude Change evaluation to support Southeast Asia: Advancing Inter-Religious Dialogue and Freedom of Religion or Belief (with the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers and Ripple teammate Malaka Refai).
- Outcome Harvesting internal evaluation on multi-site Christian-Muslim peacebuilding in the USA, including refugee engagement and human rights advocacy. Accompaniment for development of new monitoring and evaluation system (with Peace Catalyst International, pro bono).