Ripple focuses on utilization-focused evaluation approaches that support organizational learning and adaptation in highly complex contexts. We apply qualitative and mixed methods, with an emphasis on maximizing participation, and particular attention to the needs of faith-inspired and interreligious practitioners. Our partners say Ripple strengthens both programs and results.
- Utilization-focused evaluation of the Swiss Culture and Religion in Mediation (CARIM) Program 2011-2020, using Outcome Harvesting + Attitude Change (with Switzerland’s Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and Ripple teammates Michèle Ferenz, Sarah Davies and Hur Hassnain).
- Summative evaluation of Capacity for Inter-Religious Community Action (CIRCA) Phase II in Kenya and Niger, with learnings on the integration of community development and interreligious peacebuilding (with Catholic Relief Services).
- Formative outcomes-focused evaluation of interreligious peacebuilding in Northern Iraq, plus remote coaching for Outcome Harvesting evaluation in Egypt, leading to the integration of Outcome Harvesting with attitude change research for identity-related initiatives in which inner growth or transformation is essential for achieving and understanding project outcomes (with Tearfund and Ripple teammate Malaka Refai).
- ‘Critical friend’ mid-project review and final Outcome Harvesting + Attitude Change evaluation to support Southeast Asia: Advancing Inter-Religious Dialogue and Freedom of Religion or Belief (with the Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers and Ripple teammate Malaka Refai).
- Outcome Harvesting internal formative evaluation on multi-site Christian-Muslim peacebuilding in the USA, including foci on refugee engagement and human rights advocacy. Advisory support for development of organizational monitoring and evaluation system (with Peace Catalyst International, where Michelle Garred serves on the Board of Directors).
- Summative evaluation of Muslim-Christian peacebuilding in Egypt, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Philippines, to inform next-phase global strategy (with Catholic Relief Services).
- Guidance note on monitoring, evaluation and learning for effective interreligious action (with the Alliance for Peacebuilding and Search for Common Ground, under CDA Collaborative Learning Projects).